Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December in Pictures

December was a whirlwind! Isn't it for everyone? Kirk and I played socialites all month filling our schedule with dinner parties, Christmas activities, birthday parties, shows, hosting - you name it! We have declared January our month of hibernation which will be true minus 1/16-1/21 because we are headed to NYC for my birthday! Our first weekend hibernating was last weekend, and it was so SO great having no agenda to follow! So following this laid back plan, this post will just be filled with pictures and captions documenting our December :)

This was how I decorated our fireplace mantle for Christmas! I had used burlap, fresh garland, and some decor I had found at Ben Franklin for half price. Yes - Max and Bella have their own stocking.
Our Christmas tree! It was so beautiful! I had found a gorgeous burlap tree skirt with white ruffles, Max fell in love with it too.
We had tons of red/white straws left over from our Christmas party in 2011, so I cut them and made this pretty little wreath! I'm keeping it up for Valentine's Day.. 
We saw this house posted all over Facebook, and lucky for us, it was located in Kirkland! So we went to go take a look and it did not disappoint! This picture does no justice for how many lights there were. They even had a little area for UW!
Kirk and I went out on a date to one of our favorites, Barking Frog. This was my tenderloin entree, seriously amazing, I am so hungry just looking at this!

We went with a group of 8 of our friends to the Land of the Sweets - The Nutcracker burlesque! We love this show, and always book early so we can get front row seats. The show never disappoints, I love!
_
We decorated gingerbread and sugar cookies with Chloe. She obviously hated it, ;)
Ta-da!
Kirk and I won tickets to St. Nick's Winter in Woodinville. It was so AWESOME. Each ticket came with a booklet of a ton of wineries that were participating that let you do their tasting and give food out. We used it as an opportunity to check out the wineries in the Warehouse District that we hadn't been to before. We found some that are definitely worth checking out again. This was a picture from one of the wineries of their decorated tree, I thought it was so pretty!
With Kirk's fam + his aunts and uncles we had hired a private chef to come over to Erica's and prepare us food for a cocktail party. I had forgotten my camera (of course) so this sad cell phone picture will have to do. It was one of the starters, bruleed plums with chevre and lemon thyme - yum! There were tons of other smaller bites, along with soup shots, and a couple different slider options. We had a great time, yum yum yum.

Now that I finally have time to relax, I will be able to document our NYC trip properly :) Kirk, John, Steve, and I are headed to stay with our friend Spencer. I already have reservations planned and my must visit bakery list. I am so excited, it will be a great way to spend my 24th birthday!

AND.. Crafted got it's first media attention! I am so proud of my little Champagne mallows!

GO HAWKS!

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment