Monday, November 5, 2012

October in Pictures!

Shoot, I suck at blogging. Once again I will make up the excuse that this month has been crazy! Partially because we officially launched my sweet little dessert business, Crafted! I am so excited that we are finally at this point. We had been working with one of our good friends on our logo for a couple of months, here is what Donnie came up with for us:
Do you love it? I do :) 
Once we got the logo, we officially made our Etsy shop - check it out here: CRAFTEDconfection
I got all my packaging supplies on Saturday, and will get my plastic sealer tomorrow - who knew kraft bags, green bakers twine, and something that seals plastic bags closed could make a girl so happy?!

The Etsy shop is in a soft opening phase, we are playing around with, but will be adding product quite frequently during the next couple weeks to make sure we don't miss out on the holiday market. Soon we will also be able to post our offerings on a menu on Facebook. I love, love, LOVE all of you friends & family members that have been posting my links to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest it means so much to me!

Now here is to shameless promoting, if you are looking for ANYTHING please email me and I would love to help you out Whitney@CraftedConfection.com

In other important (?) news:

I was a Zombie Bride for Halloween
At Kirk's work, his department had the theme of dead rockstars, so he ended up being Jerry Garcia
He grew out his beard for way too long and it was so scraggly. When he shaved I shed a tear of happiness, true story.
Kirk's office had a baking contest, and I submitted the "Cherry Garcia Magic Brownies." They were my original brownie recipe with some ground sage and cherry preserves - and they won 1st place! I contribute it to team work though, Kirk marketed those babies like crazy!

We celebrated Steve's birthday, and he got a special My Little Pony birthday cake from moi. Just what you'd expect for a 28 year old man - right?!

I have a new obsession for wreath making, I made an indoor and outdoor one for fall

We carved pumpkins - I carved a cat (Bella specifically) and Kirk carved the Husky logo. I would have an image for you, however there are either squirrels, rabbits, or cats who had been munching on our pumpkins so by the time we were ready to light a candle in our pumpkins, the carved design was basically gone haha..
Here is a picture of Kirk at the pumpkin patch in Carnation:


I have planted a TON of tulip bulbs! We have a very long driveway that had no plants or flowers down one side, so there are enough bulbs for 250 tulips come spring! I am going to try and plant some more within the next week if I have time. What can I say?! I love flowers!

Kirk and I have started going on walks down to the wineries in the warehouses and a favorite local brewery of ours, Dirty Bucket. The walk takes about 20-30 minutes each way, so it ends up being a nice little walk with a reward of wine tasting or pumpkin beer. It balances itself out quite nicely ;)

Here is me on one of our walks, I am a leaf wizard!
I also had the honor of telling my beautiful sister in-law Erica, and her husband Ryan the sex of their baby! Their doctor had wrote down the gender on a piece of paper and sealed it in an envelope for me. The assignment Erica gave me was to make a cake with the color frosting in the middle being either blue or pink to identify what it was! It was really special to make and I was SO excited for them to cut it open!
Here is my little cake before it headed out to the party! Erica and Ryan had a huge group of their friends over for the announcement! I basically had to avoid everyone in the room so I wouldn't give it away.
It's a boy! I'm going to be an aunt to a little guy! Being an aunt to Chloe has been so fun, I am excited to see how much fun a nephew can be!

Here's to November! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment