Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The First Heinrich Easter!


I can't believe it is already April! At this time last year we were in the middle of pure craziness planning a wedding, and moving to Kirkland from Seattle. Now we've been married just over eight months and were celebrating our first Easter together as a married couple. It was my first Easter off from work in YEARS! I finally have found a job in the restaurant industry where my company acknowledges (most) major holidays and I was so excited! With both families being close, we didn't quite know what do, except have TWO Easters! Maybe I was sub-consciously just to making up for lost time :) 

We started off our morning by heading to my mama's for an Easter Brunch. My mom has recently discovered Pinterest and has been obsessed. Although I make fun of her for it, she has the most amazing pin boards. Her brunch was very much "pin-inspired". She had a little juice bar, breakfast casseroles, fresh fruit in whipped cream cups - the works!!

To the left is my moms signature potato dish, it is definitely not a holiday unless its on the table. To the right was her breakfast casserole - YUM


It was also extra special occasion, because both Kirk's fam and mine let us have our dear friends Katie (from New York) & Carissa (from Sweden) join us! Since their families were so far, we wanted them to celebrate with us!

After we left, we went home to prepare for the Heinrich/Coogan Easter. I had the girls help me with my appetizer of gougeres and making Chloe's purple cupcakes. Chloe just turned three on the previous Thursday so we added her birthday celebration to the mix, and her request was PURPLE CUPCAKES. I swear for the last three months of going to her house, I was asked to make those. It was fun having Katie's and Carissa's help in the kitchen, and I hope I didn't get on their case too much with techniques or what to look for ;)

Our gougeres with Gruyere cheese and chives

It was big party as the Coogan's house, I think there was about 15 people! We all had a great time watching Chloe do an egg hunt in the backyard (in the sun!) We ate appetizers, drank champagne, and just relaxed. I don't know what else I could have asked for, it was perfect.
Kirk, me, and his dad drinking champagne in the sunshine
Chloe loved her purple cupcakes!
It was such a great day, and Kirk and I had so much fun with our friends and family. Couldn't think of a better way to spend two Easters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment